Titleist Introduces New U•505 Utility & T200 Long Irons
- Category: Inside Golf
- Published: 2021-07-31
CARLSBAD, California — Titleist introduces seven new opportunities for golfers who are looking to increase launch and spin from their utility and long irons, including four options in the new U•505 model and three irons from the new T200 family.
Titleist has been the overwhelming most played utility iron on the PGA TOUR for several years running and the addition of the new U•505 and T200 long irons will contribute to its most played position.
The new U•505 utility iron and T200 long irons will be available for fittings and available in golf shops globally beginning f 26.
“The new U•505 is the direct result of tour player feedback of the original U•500 and U•510 utility irons,” said Josh Talge, Vice President, Titleist Golf Club Marketing. “The U•505 combines the best of both and the result is our highest performing and most playable utility iron yet. The new T200 long irons offer similar high launch and speed with the look and feel of an iron set at the top of the bag.”
“With the U•505 and the T200 Long Irons, we have players covered regarding what they are seeking in launch, speed, feel and looks at the top of the bag,” said Marni Ines, Director, Titleist Irons Development, Golf Club R&D. “The immediate positive feedback we have received by players who have put these in play has been encouraging. They love the balance of the height advantage and control they are getting from a utility and long iron. That’s what these clubs give you. In addition, players love the look when they put it down at address. Even though they may play blades or T100’s in their regular set, they want the confidence and forgiveness these clubs provide when they set them down.”
Jordan Spieth, Justin Thomas, Charley Hoffman, Garrick Higgo, Adam Scott and Bernd Wiesberger were among several players who added new T200 2-irons to their bag at Royal St. George’s.
U•505 | THE PLAYERS UTILITY IRON
Improving upon the foundation of the previous generation U•510 and U•500, the new U•505 is a wide-soled, high-launching utility club. Designed for the player who is looking to increase launch and speed from their long irons with a faster face, the U•505 features evolved Max Impact 2.0 technology and new denser D18 tungsten weights, delivering improved sound and feel with outstanding versatility. The player’s shape provides confidence at address.
U•505 | PERFORMANCE AND TECHNOLOGY
- Speed that Feels Amazing: With a thinner forged L-Face and the infusion of Max Impact Technology (Max Impact 2.0), the U•505 is Titleist’s highest COR utility iron ever. A new reconfigured hollow body, core support structure, and enhanced high resilience polymer core, ensures that dynamic speed generation now comes with superior feel and sound.
- Better Tungsten for Better Launch: Utilizing Denser D18 tungsten weights and a brazing process used in aerospace construction, Titleist engineers were able to concentrate weight more efficiently and be even more precise with CG placement. In the U•505 utility iron, that meant sliding it lower and towards the heel, where tour pros and better players felt it improved launch dynamics the most.
- Looks Like an Iron: Based on U•510 player input, the U•505 was designed with a shorter blade and shallow face but kept the wide sole to maintain all of the performance advantages while moving towards a look that feels more in line with an irons set.
T200 LONG IRONS | THE TOUR’S DISTANCE IRON
The new T200 long irons are designed for the better player who is looking for long irons to increase launch and speed at the top of their bag. Tour players currently carrying T200 long irons include Jordan Spieth (2-iron), Justin Thomas (2-iron), Bern Wiesberger (2-iron) and Charley Hoffman (2-iron), among several others. The 2, 3 and 4 T200 long irons, with lofts of 17*, 20* and 22*, respectively, are the choice of those players who want maximum speed with their longest irons, but prefer compact player’s irons for looks versus a utility iron.
T200 LONG IRONS | PERFORMANCE & TECHNOLOGY
- Power Packed Design: Every component of the multi-material hollow body construction contributes to the long, consistent distance of the T200 Long Irons. The improved Max Impact Technology includes a core support design and an enhanced high resilience polymer core that improves both off-center speed and mass efficiency at impact across a forged, high COR SUP-10 L-Face Insert.
- Multi-Material Body: An engineered muscle plate contributes to precision sound tuning and saves weight which is optimized in a streamlined 17-4 chassis. A shorter blade length, less offset (same as T100), narrower topline and thinner sole, provides a tour-inspired look and feel while delivering maximum speed and distance.
- Better Tungsten for Better Progression: Utilizing denser D18 tungsten weights in the T200 long irons provides greater mass efficiency and allowed Titleist engineers to position the CG more precisely for maximum benefit, that is, fast, forgiving, and high launching long irons.
FEATURED SHAFT: U•505 Only
HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX HYB (80, 90g)
- Hexcel HexTow IM carbon fiber in the tip for added stability and lower torque.
- Optimized material placement for improved feel and playability
- Low-mid launch, low-mid spin
PREMIUM SHAFTS: U•505 and T200 LONG IRONS (Custom Only)
Graphite Design Tour AD-DI Hybrid Shaft (85g)
- Mid launch, low-mid spin
Graphite Design Tour AD-IZ Hybrid Shaft (95g)
- Low-mid launch, low spin
- Graphite Design has the most played hybrid shafts on PGA TOUR
GRIP: Golf Pride Tour Velvet 360 with white paint fill and black flat cap
PRICING: $249 MAP (HZRDUS shaft) | $369 MAP (GDI shafts)